Friday, February 27, 2015

2015 Sundance Film Festival, Part 2

We arrived in Park City and hit the ground running, quickly accepting that once again we were on a kid-free trip, yet we way-under-rested-mamas would not sleep a wink!

Ethan Hawke.  He looked a bit rough last year,
so it was so nice to see him cleaned up a bit this year. 

He will forever be a favorite, because of Reality Bites,
but I am excited for all the acclaim he is receiving this
awards season for Boyhood.

Christopher Abbott.  Who I looooved as Marnie's
boyfriend on Girls.  Later that day we got to see him in the
premiere of James White.

Hailee Steinfeld in town to promote Ten Thousand Saints,
We tried for tickets.  No dice.  A solid cast, and I heard
good reviews during the week.  I can't wait to see it.

He is a Sundance staple!  I do love me some

Clearly I heart him.  I practically wrapped myself in his jacket.
 As always, my scruples are out the window on this trip.

Emile Hirsch. Was this before or after he drunkenly
beat up a women, at an industry party, during the
festival? I liked him, as an actor, until I heard about
that bit of shenanigans. 

Jeff and Jordan.  They met on Big Brother, but
I remember watching them on the Amazing Race.

and...I was the only one who recognized them
and knew their names.  If there is ever a
wicked low brow version of Jeopardy, sign me up!


Emile Hirsch and Hailee Steinfeld.

Hailee Steinfeld & Kristen Wiig

She then recognized me from the airport.  I told
her she looked much less 'flu-like' and should now
stop for a real pic.
Haaaa!
James Marsden.  We chatted OKC with him.

Can we have a moment?  KEVIN SMITH!
Dear God, I love him!  

We were so excited we scored tickets to this film

James White was a good see.  Hard to watch at times, but overall 
I do appreciate the story, and the casting was spot on. 

Here's Christopher Abbott and Cynthia Nixon during the
Q&A with the audience, after the premiere.  I say it every single
time, but it is such a treat to hear the cast and crew discuss the film.

Christopher Abbott and the film's director, Josh Mond

post premiere Q&A. 

I geeked out when I saw director Cutter Hodierne.
He brought the excellent film I mentioned after
last year's festival, Fishing Without Nets (which
began as a short film at the festival in 2012, and received
funding to then be made into a feature).  It was nice
to chat with him, and some of the people behind that film
and to hear they were at this year's festival to receive a
grant...so I know that means more goodness to come on
the screen, by his direction.

He might be the douchiest of celebs:

I have never seen him act, but his maj douche-ness 
on Main Street leads me to assume he blows 
chunks all over the big screen.

Just sayin'!


Okay, I am out for now, but stay tuned for
more mamarazzi chronicles!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment