Sunday, November 16, 2014

Crispy 'Nests' with Grape 'Eggs'


I didn't even think of putting this on the blog, but when I told one of my besties about them she said, YOU HAVE TO BLOG THAT!  This tasty treat turned out cuter and tastier than I could have imagined, and were the perfect treat for little kindergarteners learning about birds! 

Here's what I did:

Simple, simple...follow any ol' recipe for rice crispy treats EXCEPT sub 1 cup of golden graham cereal and 1 cup pretzel sticks for 2 of the cups of rice cereal.  If you aren't making these into nests, transfer the mix to a buttered 9x13 pan and watch the bars quickly disappear.  If nests are on the agenda, use a large scoop to portion out the sticky mix onto parchment paper.  I then put a bit of coconut oil on a standard tablespoon and formed the nests.  Nests are organic matter, so remind yourself of that if a few look like they belong in the HOT MESS column.

 Little nests.  I transferred them to a lidded container for transport to kindergarten.
Sending the washed and dried grapes in a separatecontainer to be added at snack time. 

Of course these will be a perfect spring treat, to switch up for the old
chow mein bird nests we all devour around Easter time!  

Kid and Parent approved in taste and appearance, FYI!

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment