Saturday, June 28, 2014

Italian Cream Cupcakes, on the QUICK!


I was in a pinch for a dessert and thought I would give a go at making Italian Cream Cupcakes, 
starting with a box of cake mix.  The results were fantastic (and oh so quick), so give this a whirl!


What you need:
box of white cake mix (that will yield a 9x13 pan)
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup buttermilk
3 eggs
2 T water
2/3 cup shredded coconut
1 cup raw pecans 

Click here for my delish frosting recipe, that must top
these cupcakes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the chopped
pecans to fold into the frosting.

Use a sharp knife to roughly chop the pecans.  If you don't feel like
getting your chop on, pulse the pecans in a food processor.

By hand or mixer, blend the cake mix, buttermilk, butter, water and eggs.
Then fold in the coconut and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.

I use a large scoop to plop the batter into muffin papers (I looove
the organic look of these parchment papers I picked up at King Soopers) 

Bake in a 350 degree, preheated oven.  17-21 minutes bake time.

While they bake, make the frosting!!!  Here is the link again. 
Stir in the 1/2 cup of chopped pecans you reserved.

After the cupcakes cool (I always set on a cooling rack for at least
half hour), top with as much frosting as you wish.

Then, ENJOY!!!  

xo.







No comments:

Post a Comment